Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I've Read So Far This Year


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year!

I have a reading goal of 70 books for 2014...and have already made it through 39! Excited to have an even larger goal next year. Needless to say, I have some great books to pick from for this topic! Here we go:

1. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (my review): Definitely my favorite book read in 2014, and definitely my favorite YA read.

2. Moloka'i by Alan Brennert (my review): I finished this one January 5th...so it barely snuck in for counting for this top ten! I think this is one of my most favorite historical fiction novels EVER, and tied with E & P for my favorite in 2014.

3. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed (my review): I normally don't get into memoirs/autobiographies, but I LOVED this one!

4. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (my review): I've now read all of Flynn's novels, and loved this one, though I think Gone Girl is my favorite!

5. The One and Only by Emily Giffin (my review):  As I said in my review, I'm a huge Emily Giffin fan, and this one only increased my love for her books!

6. Divergent, by Veronica Roth: my favorite of the three Divergent books!

7Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. Literally JUST finished this one. LOVED it. Her books are fantastic! Honorable Mention: Fangirl, also by Rowell (my review). I think Attachments just edged out Fangirl for me, but I love all her books!

8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Can't wait to see the movie!

9. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz: fantastic writing and Oscar is such a great character!

10. The All You Can Dream Buffet by Barbara O'Neal (my review): a great book to add to your summer read list if you haven't read it yet!

What are some of your favorites you've read this year?

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful list! You know my love of RR. I've read one of O'Neal's first books and really enjoyed it - I need to check out the rest of her books. I definitely need to read Divergent and TFIOS sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think RR is now one of my top favorite authors ever!! I'm itching for Landline! O'Neal's books are good too--almost all involve food and animals :) Good "feel good" novels. The Lost Recipe for Happiness is one I'd recommend.

      Delete