Friday, June 13, 2014

The Blue Bistro

A couple weeks ago, I featured Elin Hilderbrand's new release The Matchmaker, as my Waiting on Wednesday. Just yesterday, this article Hilderbrand wrote was posted on the Huffingon Post's website. The Matchmaker features a character dealing with cancer.  Ironically and sadly, Hilderbrand was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and is scheduled to have a double mastectomy today, just three days after her book release. My mother in law battled breast cancer so I know first hand how horrible this disease can be.

I have always loved Hilderbrand's books.  They're a perfect relaxing afternoon read, or summer beach read! I haven't been able to read The Matchmaker yet, but in support of Hilderbrand today, I am posting a short review of one of her other books I enjoyed--The Blue Bistro!

Title: The Blue Bistro
Author: Elin Hilderbrand
384 pages, published May 2006
Genre: Women's Fiction
Source: Bought for myself

Adrienne Dealy has spent her career working for hotels in exotic locations. After being dumped and left flat broke from her ex-boyfriend, she decides to spend the summer in Nantucket. Though she has no restaurant experience, Thatcher Smith, owner of Natucket's most popular new restaurant for the wealthy, offers her a job for The Blue Bistro's final season. But there are some unanswered questions--why is such a successful restaurant closing its doors? What is going on with Thatcher and Fiona, The Blue Bistro's head chef?

This book involved three things I love--the coast, food, and romance! I started this book before leaving for my Hawaii vacation last December, and finished it on the trip. (In fact, that's what I'm reading in my facebook and twitter profile pictures!). This was a fun read--a well written story, interesting and likeable characters, all with a bit of romance thrown in. I also enjoyed the restaurant setting (even if it did make me hungry!). If you're looking for a feel good beach read, this book is for you!

Overall rating for "The Blue Bistro': A-

Sending positive thoughts toward this author today!



1 comment:

  1. Really great post and tribute to the author! I haven't read a book by this author in a long time, but I think I need to remedy that and read her new book soon. :)

    ReplyDelete