Monday, June 9, 2014

Musing Mondays


Musing Mondays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The goal is to "muse" on one of the following prompts:

*Describe one of your reading Habits
*Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else and why you chose that/those book(s)
*What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
*Tell us what you're reading right now--what you think of it so far; why you chose it; why you are (or aren't) enjoying it
*Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
*Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want tor ramble on about something else pertaining to books--let's hear it, then!

Currently I'm participating in two reading challenges--The Summer Library Challenge (June and July) and the Library Books Read-a-thon (this week). So that will keep me busy this week! I'm currently reading Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (which I picked up from my local library). I've read Eleanor and Park and Fangirl (both of which I LOVED) so I couldn't wait to get my hands on Attachments. I'm about 100 pages in so far and am loving it. I love Rowell's quirky writing style, and I really relate to the characters in her books.  Excited to finish Attachments this week.  On deck to read is All the Light We Cannot See by Antony Doerr (also from the library). I'm also (finally) planning on starting the Harry Potter series soon--it's my summer project!

Now for some general rambling (not totally book related, but...I want to write about it anyway!) :

This is definitely one of those Mondays where I feel like I need a weekend to recover from my weekend! Normally I spend A LOT of time reading during the weekends--but this weekend I got to do something else I really enjoy--photography! In addition to reading and book reviews, I also do a bit of photography on the side with my husband.  We own Refractions Studio and photograph families, seniors, weddings, etc.  This past weekend we  got the privilege to photograph the wedding of two of our very close friends! It was an absolutely perfect day for them--gorgeous weather, beautiful venue, and a fantastic celebration of love with friends and family. My heart is filled with joy for these two and it was so special to photography their big day! Some previews of their photos are on our Facebook page.

What are you musing about this Monday? I'm excited to get back to reading this week!


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right? I feel like I am not a true book nerd until I read these ones. I'll definitely blog about them. I can see a series of "Harry Potter through the eyes of a first time HP reader" or something. :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize you did photography - that is awesome! How great to be able to share in people's special moments like that. I'm glad it was a beautiful weekend for it.

    Yay for loving Attachments!! That's just a perfect summer read, imo. I'm anxious to see what you think about The Light We Cannot See.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Photography! It's fun but time consuming editing all the photos. When my hubby was in college we took on a lot more jobs than we do now that we both work full time. But I do love it!

      Delete
  3. I loved Eleanor & Park, really liked Fangirl, and am on the hold list at the library for Attachments--hopefully it'll be my turn soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to wait in a long hold line for Attachments! Worth the wait so far :)

      Delete
  4. Loved your pictures. Looks like you had a great week-end even if you did not get to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to edit more--they're all going to look great! Now only if I could edit and read at the same time...LOL :)

      Delete