Monday, June 2, 2014

Mini Review Monday: Rose Harbor Books 1 & 2

Happy Monday, friends! On this Mini Review Monday, I am reviewing books 1 and 2 in the Rose Harbor series by Debbie Macomber!

Title: The Inn at Rose Harbor
Author: Debbie Macomber
330 pages, published August 2012
Genre: Women's Fiction
Source: Borrowed from my Mom

The first in a series, this novel introduces Jo Marie Rose, new to Cedar Cove and seeking peace and a fresh start. Dealing with the recent death or her husband in Afghanistan,   she makes the decision to buy a cozy bed and breakfast she names Rose Harbor Inn. Her first guests include Josh, who returned to Cedar Cove to help his ailing stepfather, and Abby, back in town for a family wedding. Both guests are dealing with personal challenges, and their time at Rose Harbor Inn is one of healing and peace. This novel is woven together beautifully, and will make you laugh, cry, and everything in between. It's a beautiful story of love, forgiveness, and moving forward after tragedy.
Overall Rating: A-


Title: Rose Harbor in Bloom
Author: Debbie Macomber
336 pages, published August 2013
Genre: Women's Fiction
Source: Borrowed from Library
The second in the Rose Harbor series, this novel reconnects with Jo Marie, who is now fully settled into her position of innkeeper at Rose Harbor Inn. Mark Taylor, the local handyman, has crafted a beautiful sign for the inn and is working on a rose
garden in memory of Jo Marie's late husband, Paul. A new group of guests arrive at the inn--Mary, who is facing a serious illness and came to Rose Harbor to reconnect with an old friend; Annie, who is in town to throw her grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary party while dealing with a broken engagement; family friend Oliver, and Annie's grandparents Kent and Julie. Jo Marie is there for them as they make peace with their past and look toward their future. Once again this book is a heartwarming story full of wonderful characters that are easy to relate to. Fast paced and well written, this book is perfect for a relaxing summer day!
Overall Rating: A-

If you're looking for a feel-good, enjoyable series, I definitely recommend this one.  Though they are both a bit predictable, they are both beautiful stories.  By the end of the second book I found myself wishing I could visit this fictional  B&B in the state of Washington. I'm loving this series--loving it almost as much as I love the Bride Quartet series by Nora Roberts!

Coming soon--my review of Love Letters, Book 3 in the Rose Harbor series!

Are there any women's fiction/romance series that you really love?

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Have you read The Next Always (Boonsboro Inn Series) by Nora Roberts? Or the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr? I loved both of those series - predictable but so enjoyable. I would love living in either place!

    This sounds like a wonderful series - I don't believe I've ever read a book by this author before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes--the Boonsboro series is another one I love! I love Robyn Carr as well but haven't read the Virgin River series! Need to add that to my TBR pile!!!

      Delete