Monday, June 16, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey.

This weekend  I finished The Glass Kitchen, which I received an ARC of from NetGalley. I really enjoyed it, and will be posting my review soon! I also started All The Light We Cannot See this weekend, which has started out slow for me. I like it so far though! 

Also this weekend for a lighter read I FINALLY started #18 on my Bookish Bucket List...read the Harry Potter books! That's right, I have yet to read them. I saw movies #1 and 2, wasn't impressed, and felt HP was overrated. I'm about a third of the way through Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  and I will have to eat my words, my friends! This book is charming, witty, and an addicting read! I will be doing some sort of "Harry Potter through the eyes of a first time reader" blog series this summer for your entertainment!  I KNOW I have some book blogger friends out there that also haven't read HP...I'm not alone!

Have a good reading week, my friends!
 
Recently Finished:


 
Currently Reading:
 



 


Happy Reading!!

11 comments:

  1. You are not alone!! I only made it through book 2 and I thought I was one of the only people in the world who wasn't impressed. I keep saying that some day I will revisit the series. I'm glad you're enjoying it now!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far. We shall see how it progresses!

      Delete
  2. You're not alone. I've only read two Harry Potters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo... how are you liking All the Light We Cannot See?? I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not in love with it yet. I've read rave reviews and haven't felt that way at this point (150 pages in). The writing style is eloquent and beautiful but I'm just not sucked into the story yet.

      Delete
  4. Well, fancy that! I'm reading All The Light We Cannot See too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun blog series! I was late to the Harry Potter party myself. There are more of us out there than you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Glass Kitchen has such an amazing cover - like you could frame it... and.... You are reading Harry Potter!!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what drew me to The Glass Kitchen in the first place! Love that cover. And yes....Harry Potter!

      Delete