Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: The Matchmaker


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine.  The event spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.

This week, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of:



The Matchmaker
By Elin Hilderbrand
Release Date: June 10, 2014 (pre-order on Amazon)
368 pages
Genre: Women's Fiction

From GoodReads:

Dabney Kimball Beech, the 48-year-old fifth generation Nantucketer, has had a lifelong gift of matchmaking (52 couples still together to her credit). But when Dabney discovers she is dying of pancreatic cancer, she sets out to find matches for a few people very close to home: her husband, celebrated economist John Boxmiller Beech; her lover journalist Clendenin Hughes; and her daughter, Agnes, who is engaged to be married to the wrong man.

As time slips away from Dabney, she is determined to find matches for those she loves most - but at what cost to her own relationships? THE MATCHMAKER is the heartbreaking new novel from Elin Hilderbrand about losing and finding love, even as you're running out of time.


I really enjoy Hilderbrand's books--they're perfect for a relaxing afternoon of reading! I love that they're set on Nantucket (because I love all things coastal!). I love her writing style and am excited to read her latest novel!

What book are you eagerly awaiting today?

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds and looks good. I've read one or two Hilderbrand books over the years, but got behind on them. Always the perfect summer reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read about half of hers but want to read more! I always love them!

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for adult fiction with older (i.e. MY age) characters, but this sounds a little depressing. I'll have to look at some of her other titles. What I really want is a book about a middle aged librarian who is actually an international SPY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's your book idea! Write it!! :)

      Delete