Thursday, May 8, 2014

Throwback Thursday: The Baby-Sitters Club!

My mom was cleaning out the closet in her spare bedroom and found the best thing ever: a box of my old books! And not just any books--part of my collection of The Baby-Sitters Club! I had quite the large collection, and I'm sure the rest of them are somewhere at Mom's house, along with my collection of Silver Blades books--I was a figure skater when I was younger and LOVED those books :) I thought these lovely books would be a great Throwback Thursday--I'm sure many of you loved these books too!

My collection of BSC books
 
The classic first four in the series--Kristy's Great Idea, Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls, The Truth About Stacey, and Mary Anne Saves The Day!
 
 
 
Though I rarely baby sat when I was younger, I loved this series.  My friends and I were always thinking of things to sell or little businesses when we were that age (lemonade, sunflower seeds, pet sitting, to name a few of our enterprises) so I could totally relate.  I sympathized with Mary Anne's sensitivity. I shared Kristy's love of organization and planning.  I wanted to dress as cool as Claudia and Stacey.  I loved Jessi because she was a ballet dancer like me ( Jessi and the Dance School Phantom  was one of my favorites).

Who were some of your favorite BSC characters and/or BSC books? Or, if you weren't into BSC, what were some of your other favorites? Nancy Drew? Boxcar Children?

Happy Reading!
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Sis, what a throwback! Definitely read all the BSC books, read a lot of Nancy Drew, the Boxcar Children, and of course, all my horse books. :) I bet my mom still has all those books hidden away somewhere too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how jealous I am! I think I had my mom put all of mine in a garage sale during my "too cool" middle school days, but I would give anything to be able to flip through them. What a lucky find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom said I told her the same thing but she kept them anyway :) It was so exciting to see them all again!

      Delete
  3. I loved the Babysitter's Club. I always identified with Mary Anne because I was shy and bookish and had to stay closer to home than many of the other kids my age. I was so happy when she got the cute boyfriend, Logan!

    ReplyDelete