Monday, May 12, 2014

The Corporeal Pull


Title: The Corporeal Pull
Author: Sara B Gauldin
288 pages, published November 2013
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

Note: I was given a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Fantasy is not a genre I've really gotten into, but I love paranormal romance, so I was excited when the author gave me her book to review! I'm really glad she did--this was an exciting, page turning novel that really made me think--a lot deeper than your usual paranormal romance.

Terra is a spiritual guide of the Tweens (I came to think of her as a guardian angel), and her job is to guide entities to their mortal bodies on Earth and throughout their life as mortals to fulfill their divine purpose. Terra has been doing this successfully for centuries. Then she meets Liam, her newest charge--and everything changes. Her love for Liam forces her to reevaluate everything she knows about her world as she realizes Liam is her soul mate. She knows Liam's mortal existence will be one of pain and suffering--how can she knowingly send her soul mate into that world?  How will she protect him from the forces of evil?

This book is fast paced and draws you into the adventure from the beginning. It took me a couple chapters to get the feel for what was going on--you definitely have to "think outside the box" on this one--but once I did I couldn't put the book down.   All the characters are interesting and relatable.  I especially like Terra's kindhearted spirit. The plot is fast moving, interesting, creative, and well developed. I've never read anything quite like it--in a good way! 

Because there is so much action going on, the book was a bit challenging to follow in the last few chapters (which entities are in their mortal bodies and who is a spirit?) so I  had to read carefully to make sure I was catching everything that was going on!  I enjoyed the ending--and it left things wide open for a sequel (which is in the works)!

This book is perfect for those interested in topics such as spirituality, heaven, ghosts, and the battle between good and evil.  It will make you think about your views and beliefs from a different angle, all while rooting for Terra, Liam, and the other great characters. I look forward to the second book in the series to see what happens next!

Overall rating for The Corporeal Pull: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment