Saturday, May 17, 2014

Bout of Books Day 5 Update

Bout of Books
Another day, another Bout of Books update! I'm actually a bit sad the week is almost over! I didn't get as much reading done on Friday --I read during my lunch break of course, and listened to my audiobook to and from work in the car. But that's OK--Friday is always "Date Night" with my husband, and that weekly connection is very important to both of us.
Friday night's date was super fun--we went to the Oregon Symphony Association in Salem's concert featuring concert violinist Joshua Bell.  It was a treat to see a musician of that caliber in Salem, Oregon! The concert was absolutely fantastic!! My mom got us season tickets for my birthday last year and we have really enjoyed attending these great concerts!
So here's the stats for Friday/Day 5:
Pages Read today:  36 in The Thirteenth Tale
Total pages read this week: 634
Time spent listening to audio book today: 30 minutes
Books completed this week: 2! Eleanor and Park, and Sharp Objects

Happy Reading!!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great date night! I didn't get any reading done today and it's not looking so good for the rest of the evening - but that's okay! Sad the readathon is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad it's almost over too! It's been so much fun reading about everyone's progress and connecting with other readers!

      Delete
  2. I would love to get season tickets to the symphony! Great date night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a special birthday present! I highly recommend seeing the symphony live if you haven't!

      Delete
    2. I was a music major in college so I used to see our school's concerts all the time, and have seen professional groups as well, but I haven't gone in a long time.

      Delete