Friday, May 16, 2014

Bout of Books Day 4 Update!

Bout of Books


Is it really almost the end of the week? Bout of Books has been flying by and I've been having a fantastic time!

Last night (Thursday) I finished Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, the book I started Tuesday night.  I got a lot of reading time in today between lunch break, and my free evening (since the hubby had to work late).  All I can say is, what a crazy intense book!  I'm planning a review for both Sharp Objects and Gone Girl (read last December but haven't reviewed) to be posted next Monday. First I have to wrap my mind around another one of Flynn's addicting novels!

After finishing Sharp Objects (and giving my brain a bit to calm down) I continued reading a book I'd started last week before Bout of Books began--The Thirteenth Tale.  I'm about halfway through and really enjoying it so far.

So here's the stats for Thursday/Day 4:
Pages Read today: 110 pages in Sharp Objects, 20 in The Thirteenth Tale
Total pages read this week: 598
Time spent listening to audio book today: 30 minutes
Books completed this week: 2! Eleanor and Park, and Sharp Objects

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. This week has gone fast - I don't want the readathon to end! I've been having a lot of fun with it.

    Happy Reading today! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I'm not really a Gillian Flynn fan, but I love The Thirteenth Tale!

    ReplyDelete