Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Bout of Books: Day 2 Update!

Bout of Books
 
Happy Wednesday, readers!! Once again, another productive day of reading!! I followed the same pattern as Day 1 (read at breakfast and lunch, and after dinner; listen to audio book on the way to and from work, and while making dinner).
 
The good news--I finished my first book of the week! Eleanor and Park! I started my second book of the week, Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn! This is my third Flynn read--I've read Gone Girl and Dark Places. I love her writing style and think the fast pace is perfect for a Bout of Books read!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So here's the stats for Tuesday/Day 2:
Pages Read: 172 total. 102 in Eleanor and Park, and 70 in Sharp Objects
Time spent listening to audio book: 45 minutes (still listening to Perks of Being a Wallflower)
Books read so far: 1--Eleanor and Park
 
 
Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. Yay, for E&P! Such a fantastic book. I have read Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn is good at writing dark suspense. Gone Girl is still fresh in my mind after reading it awhile ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posting my E & P review tomorrow. I have nothing but good things to say about it--I LOVED it. I read Gone Girl first, then Dark Places, and now Sharp Objects! I have heard many different opinions and comparisons of the three and I am excited to finish this one and see what I think! I love Flynn's writing style!

      Delete
  2. I loved E & P! I hope you enjoy Sharp Objects, I really need to read it!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following me! I really appreciate it and hope you enjoy my reviews! My review of Sharp Objects will be posted Monday!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I finished my first book yesterday too. Sharp Objects is waiting by my bed. I heard they are making it into a movie, so when it actually comes about I'm going to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--IMDB says Sharp Objects is "in development." Also according to IMDB, Dark P/laces comes out in September and Gone Girl in October! Whew! I love the books but not sure I could handle seeing them as movies...all the violence, etc....but I'm sure I'll end up watching them at some point!

      Delete
    2. What? Dark Places is coming out too? I better read that first. I did read Gone Girl already and it seems tame (violence wise) compared to what I've heard of the other two.

      Delete