Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bout of Books: Day 1 Report!

Happy Tuesday, fellow Bout of Books participants! We've completed Day 1! I had a very productive day of reading!

I read during breakfast.

I listened to an audiobook on the way to work.

Took part in the Twitter chat! So fun!

I read during my lunch break.

I listened to the audiobook on my way home and while making dinner.

I read from about 7pm-10:30pm, with a few short breaks.

What was I reading? Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I am hooked. I'm loving this novel.  A review will be posted this week, because I can almost guarantee I will finish it during Day 2.

 


What book am I listening to? The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.  The fun thing with these two books is that they are set in similar time periods--late 80s for E & P and early 90s for Wallflower.




So here's the stats for Monday/Day 1:

Pages Read: 223
Time spent listening to audiobook: 51 minutes
Books read so far: 0

Happy Reading!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that is some great reading! I'm not nearly that dedicated (although I also can't seem to get into audiobooks, which can definitely help create more reading time than you'd otherwise have).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's really helping me out this week is that my husband is working the swing shift three nights this week (I work the 8-5) so I have a lot more time in the evening! I don't have kids either, so it's just me, my kitties, and books :)

      Delete
  2. That's a great first day! I'm so glad to hear that you're loving E&P! Fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E & P is fantastic. It's lived up to every good review of it I've read so far!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great start! Isn't the work commute just the best for getting some extra reading in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love listening to audiobooks in the car! A great mental break between home and work!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Good job! I just bought Eleanor and Park, hoping it's a good one to put on my classroom shelf after I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot say enough good things about Eleanor and Park. I absolutely LOVED it. Posting my review on the blog tomorrow!

      Delete