Monday, May 19, 2014

Bout of Books 10: Wrap-up

Bout of Books
 
I've completed my first Bout of Books reading challenge! Now it's time to report on my reading success!!  I met almost all my Goals!
 
Goals:
 
1. Read every day of the readathon: DID IT! Wasn't too worried about this one :)
 
2. Finish 2-3 books: DID IT! I read 4 books:  Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, finished The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, and listened to The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
 
3. Write reviews for all books I finish: WORKING ON IT! Posted my review of Sharp Objects today, posted Eleanor and Park last week, and working on my reviews of Wallflower and Thirteenth Tale--just finished them over the weekend so I haven't had time to write them yet!

4. Listen to an audiobook: DID IT! Listened all week to The Perks of Being a Wallflower! Listened in the car on the way to work, and in the evenings while making dinner, and while working around the house. Really enjoyed this audiobook--will post a review in the near future.

5. Track the number of pages I read: DID IT! I've never tracked how many pages I've read in a specific amount of time before, so it gave me a lot of insight for future goals. I read 847 pages this week...can definitely see  a goal of 1,000 pages in the future.

In addition, I also participated in two Twitter chats and had a great time, as well as some of the challenges!

Last night I also started reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell--but obviously didn't finish it. Added the 49 pages I read in it to my total page count though, since it was read on Sunday!

So here are the final stats!!
 
Total pages read this week: 847
Books completed this week: 4! Eleanor and Park, and Sharp Objects, and The Perks of Being A Wallflower (audiobook) and The Thirteenth Tale

I can't wait for Bout of Books 11, which is August 18-24!!

Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic job!! That's great that you met all of your goals! It was so much fun - I can't wait for the next one, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did great as well!! What a fun week!!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on meeting all your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was very pleased with my results, especially since it was my first time!

      Delete
  3. I've read Sharp Objects and LOVED how gritty it was! I need to read Dark Places before the movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete