I'm participating in this year's Bout of Books for the first time, and I am super excited! Love to have another excuse to spend extra time reading :) This year is Bout of Books 10, and it begins next Monday, May 12! Consider signing up if you'd like to join me!
Time Devoted to ReadingI work full time and read on nearly every lunch break (my favorite time of day!). For this readathon I intend to read not only at lunch but for a few hours each evening (my evenings are wide open next week!). Currently I will end up spending some time reading in the evenings at some point during the week but for the readathon I intend to make a conscious effort to read each night of the challenge. On Saturday the 17th I have some obligations to my full time job but will be reading every chance I get otherwise!
My Goals1. Read every day of the readathon
2. Finish 2-3 books
3. Write reviews of all books I finish
4. Listen to one audiobook
5. Track number of pages I've read.
(Since I haven't done Bout of Books before, or tracked my number of pages read in a week, I have literally no idea how many pages to set for a goal. So, I'm going to track it this year, and then use that for a baseline toward future goals.)
Books to ReadThese two for sure:
1. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (about halfway through at the beginning of the readathon)
2. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
3. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (audiobook selection)
Any recommendations for other books to read during the readathon?? :)