Monday, April 28, 2014

Readathon Report!

Well friends, I participated in my first Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon! As I mentioned in my post last week, I spent the weekend at a beach house with some friends this weekend, so it was a perfect spot  for reading!!

Due to the fact I was with other people, I didn't get to read as much as I ideally would've liked--but still read over 300 pages combined during the read-a-thon! I snacked on Pepsi, chips, popcorn, and all kinds of goodies throughout the day :) Here's what I read:

1. Finished "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed. Review on the blog later this week!

2. Continued working my way through "Winter's Tale" by Mark Helprin.  It's a long one--700+ pages in the edition I have--and I've been reading chunks of it throughout the year. Determined to finish it! Read just over 100 pages in it during the read-a-thon. It's a pretty dense read, but excellent so far!

3. Started "For All Their Lives", a nice, easy romance novel by Fern Michaels that my mom recommended I read. Needed an easy read after spending that much time in Winter's Tale!

I also brought my Nook with me in case  I wanted something other than the physical books I brought with me, but I ended up sticking with the books I brought :)




Overall, the read-a-thon was a success!  I definitely plan on participating in the next one in October. Some goals for next time:

1. Participate more online--blog updates, cheerleading other blogs, and mini-challenges. The beach house where I was had ZERO service. No internet, no cell signal, nothing. So I couldn't interact with other bloggers, which I really want to do!

2. Read even MORE! This time I read during pretty normal daytime hours. Next time I would love to go crazy and wake up at 5am to start reading and stay up super late.


I definitely encourage you to participate in the next read-a-thon! It's a fun personal challenge, and fun to know that others are doing the same challenge as you are!

Happy Reading!
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment