1. Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs: I really enjoyed The Friday Night Knitting Club, and love "foodie" books, so I thought I'd give this one a try!
2. Henry's Sisters by Cathy Lamb: Lamb's The Last Time I Was Me is a favorite of mine, so I've been working my way through all her books. Excited to find this one I wasn't aware of!
3. Miss Understanding by Stephanie Lessing: This one had very mixed reviews on Good Reads...but for 75 cents a book, why not? I love a chick lit read every now and then!
4. The Freedom Writers Diary byErin Gruwell, and The Freedom Writers: a book about an influential English teacher who used books and writing to give her students hope. Working in education, this is a book I was familiar with but hadn't read yet.
5. Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes: Of course I've seen the movie, but haven't managed to read the book yet! I've recently become interested in Italy since watching The Brian Boitano Project on HGTV, where he remodels a crumbling family home in the hills of Italy. I also recently read Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter, set (for the most part) in Italy. So I couldn't resist picking up this one!
What are you reading this weekend? Pick up any new books at the book store, book sale, or library?