Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon!

Yesterday I saw another book review blogger that I follow, My Life in Books, post about a 24 hour reread-a-thon called Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon.  They host two read-a-thons a year, one in April (coming up this Saturday the 26th) and one in October. The goal is to read as much as you can in the 24 hour period of the read-a-thon day (starting at 5am Pacific Time), post to your blog about what you're reading, visit other blogs of those participating, and participate in mini-challenges throughout the day. How could I resist? I immediately signed up!


I'm going to the beach this weekend with some friends and the goal of our weekend is to relax and hang around the beach house, so it will be a perfect time for a read-a-thon.  Of course, I was planning on reading anyway :) I will be posting a full blog about my day on Monday (goal is to unplug a bit at the beach house) but I will instagram  updates about the books I'm reading throughout the day on Saturday. I was planning on packing a tote bag of books to take this weekend anyway, so now this is extra motivation!

Happy Reading!

15 comments:

  1. Hope you're having a great weekend! It certainly sounds blissful. Yay for reading!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog! Just checked out yours and it looks great!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your beach reading! I can think of few things as decadent as readathon-ing by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I checked out your blog, love it! Thanks for visiting mine!

      Delete
  3. I hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unplugging and reading sounds absolutely perfect, have a great readathon and weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for lots of relaxation and reading time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of destination weddings but this is the first destination read-a-thon I've come across -you're a trendsetter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Destination read-a-thon! Love it!!!

      Delete
  7. Hope you are getting lots of reading done at the beach!!

    Happy Reading.

    Jill from Team Butler

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone! Blog post about my experience will be posted today :)

    ReplyDelete