Monday, March 31, 2014

Welcome to my Blog!

For years, I have wanted to have a blog. Several times in college I attempted to post consistently but failed. Tried again in my early professional years and once again could not seem to post regularly.

Why was I so unsuccessful? I believe it was due to the lack of a consistent theme for my blog. I love to write. So much so that I was the nerd in school that loved being assigned research papers. So why the unsuccessful blogging attempts? I believe it was due to a lack of a consistent theme. My previous blogs were basically an online journal. For a few months now I have been trying to come up with a central theme for a blog. I absolutely love food blogs,but let me assure you that coming up with my own creative recipes is not my forte.

What do I love? To read. I absolutely love to read. Reading is an escape from reality, a way to travel to places I've never been and times I'll never see. Reading relaxes me, reduces my stress level, and allows me to continuously learn new things. Not a day goes by that I don't read. A perfect afternoon for me is a beverage of choice (coffee, tea, or a Pepsi, depending on the day), a bowl of popcorn, and a good book. I often joke that I wish I could get paid to read books. Several people (most recently, my lovely friend Jen) suggested that I blog my book reviews. I'm constantly posting photos of the covers of books I read on instagram (follow me @loribpalmer) using #fridayreads and getting comments regarding my thoughts on the book. So today was the day I decided why not? And so became this blog, Palmer's Page Turners.

My plan is to post honest reviews of books I read.  I'm currently working towards my goal on GoodReads (this website is a must for avid readers!) of reading 70 books during the 2014 calendar year. So I have plenty of future books to review! My hope is that through my blog, others are encouraged to read more and find books they love. I welcome discussion, thoughts, book recommendations, and new ideas.

Thank you in advance for reading my blog, and watch for the first book review in the next few days.  My first review will be Barbara O'Neal's most recent novel, "The All You Can Dream Buffet."

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment